This page explains how your information will be held about you and processed by Upton Country Park. You can also find out about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 and your rights on the BCP Council website.
You will find information about:
- Who we are
- Why we collect your personal information
- The legal basis for using your information
- Who we may share your information with
- Accessing the information we hold about you
- How long we keep information about you
- Further information, our Data Protection Officer and the Information Commissioner
- Park News Newsletters
Who we are
BCP Council will be the Data Controller for the personal information you provide. Personal information can be anything that identifies and relates to a living person. For example, this could be your name and contact details. As the Data Controller, BCP Council will use your information to provide you with our services.
Why we collect your personal information
We will collect enough personal information in order to provide you with services relevant to any bookings or hire at Upton Country Park, or if you should subscribe to our Park News email service, keeping you up to date with news and events at Upton Country Park.
We may also contact you in a situation when as a local authority we have a duty to inform residents.
We are not permitted to collect information we do not need or will not use. This document covers information you have provided direct to the Council and information which has been shared with us by other organisations.
If we don’t need your personal information we will either keep your details anonymous, if we already have it for another service or we won’t ask you for it. If we use your personal information for research or analysis, we will always keep your details anonymous or use a fake name.
We don’t sell your personal information to anyone else.
The legal basis for using your information
According to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, we must have a reason to collect and use your information.
This will be:-
- To deliver services and support you
- To enable us to manage the services we provide
- To train and manage our workers who deliver those services
- To investigate any worries or complaints you may have about our goods or services
- To check the quality of our goods and services
- To help with research and planning of new services.
There are a number of legal reasons why we need to collect and use your personal information. For this service you, or your legal representative, have given explicit consent.
Who we may share your information with
Your information will not be disclosed to any other organisations, except where we are required and allowed to by law.
Accessing the information we hold about you
You have the right to request, in writing, details of the information that is held about you and also the right to access a copy of the information. This may be by the Council providing copies of documents or by inviting you to view the records at one of its offices, if appropriate.
BCP Council will not charge a fee to access your information. Sometimes there may be information that we are not allowed to show you, such as:-
- legal information or advice
- crime prevention and detection records
- information that we believe may be harmful to you and your well-being
- details about or provided by other people – this is called third party information (e.g. information from the Police or Department for Work & Pensions)
You may also ask us to:-
- stop processing your information if this causes or might cause damage or distress
- stop processing your information for direct marketing
- make decisions about you using your information by automated means (e.g. using computers to decide on an entitlement)
- amend any of your data which you feel is inaccurate. You can also ask for information to be blocked, erased or destroyed.
- transfer your information electronically to another service provider.
- consider a claim for compensation for any damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
If you give consent for us to use your information, you may withdraw this at any time. However, this may affect our ability to continue to provide you with a service.
How long we keep information about you
We may retain this information for up to 7 years as stated in our retention schedule and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
If you have a concern about how we are using your information, we would ask you to contact us in the first instance:-
The Estate Office is open 9am to 5pm Monday-Friday, and 10am to 4pm on Saturday & Sunday.
Data Protection Officer
If you are not satisfied with a response to your concerns from us here at Upton Country Park, our Data Protection Officer Vivien Bateman, can review any issues regarding Information Rights legislation if necessary. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the address below:
Data Protection Officer
Head of Information Governance
Bournemouth BH2 6DY
For further information about Information Rights legislation, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk or by telephone 0303 123 1113 (local rate)
Park News Newsletters
Our Park News Delivery Service is managed by MailChimp, an external email marketing service employed by Upton Country Park; you are given the opportunity to subscribe or unsubscribe to it within the newsletters you receive. If you are an existing subscriber you will also be able to update your existing details, for instance if you change your email address. You will only receive Park News items, that you have agreed to.
You may also unsubscribe here if you wish; simply click this link and enter your email address.
Cookies are small files placed on your computer’s hard drive by websites, they help websites to analyse web traffic or recognise your computer when you visit a particular site. We employ cookie technology to help visitors navigate this website, to provide certain functionality, an events calendar, for social sharing and to gather anonymous statistical data about your visit to our website, for instance:
Your IP address and website usage information is automatically collected from you when you visit uptoncountrypark.com. This information helps us evaluate how visitors use and navigate our website on an aggregate basis, including the number and frequency of visits and visitors to each web page, and the length of their visits. The tool we use for this is called Google Analytics. The information gathered helps us to improve our website and tailor it to our visitors’ needs.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, we cannot recognise you from the records we hold and cannot access your computer or any information about you. You can find out more about this tool and how it works on the Google Analytics website.
Tockify Events Calendar
We employ the Tockify software to provide an Events Calendar; Tockify adds ‘session’ cookies to your computer when you visit the Upcoming Events page; we cannot provide the Events Calendar without it.
Wedding Hire Availability Calendar
We employ Availability Calendar software to keep an up-to-date wedding hire availability calendar; that software also adds ‘session’ cookies when you visit our Wedding Hire page.
Social Sharing Cookies
Facebook store cookies which allow the Facebook “Like” social sharing functionality but only if you click on the Facebook “Like” button on our website. More info: www.facebook.com/about/privacy
Twitter also store cookies which allow their social sharing functionality including the “Tweet” function and to generate usage information during your visit to our website. More info: www.twitter.com/en/privacy
Accept or decline cookies
Most internet browsers automatically accept (or ‘consent’ to) cookies, but you can change your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may reduce your browsing experience but it gives you greater control over the cookies that are placed on your computer.
Where to find information about controlling cookies
- Internet Explorer cookies information
- Chrome cookies information
- Firefox cookies information
- Safari cookies information
- Opera cookies information
- A number of websites provide detailed information on cookies, including AboutCookies.org and AllAboutCookies.org.
- The Internet Advertising Bureau website Your Online Choices allows you to install opt-out cookies across different advertising networks.
- Google has developed a browser add-on to allow users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites which use this popular analytics product.
- New technologies such as Mozilla’s Do Not Track allow you to tell websites not to track you.
- Internet Explorer has a feature called Tracking Protection Lists which allows you to import a list of websites you want to block.
First published 19th August 2011, last updated 27th May 2018
Who we are
Information collected and its use
The information we collect via the Website may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
We do not store any credit card details.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order, to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Some of the information stored is put there by other companies whose software we have added to the site, and this can also impact your experience of other websites you may visit after leaving ours.
If you continue to use this site without taking action to prevent the storage of this information, you are effectively agreeing to this use.
If you want to learn more about the general uses of cookies, including how to stop them being stored by your computer, please visit Cookiepedia - all about cookies.
Below is a list of the different types of cookies used on this site, and an explanation of what they are used for. If you would like any more information, please get in touch.
This cookie is used to keep track of what items are in a user's shopping basket.
This cookie is used to monitor the users consent for analytical cookies on our site. No user data is collected without this being enabled.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
This cookie is used to collect information about visitor's experience of the site in terms of performance. This helps us to monitor that our systems are working quickly and effectively, and to identify any problematic areas.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address to the following address:
Upton Country Park
Upton Country Park Poole Road Upton Poole